What to Submit
- a résumé that highlights depth and dimension of experience in theatre (acting, directing, design and technology)
- two recommendations from theatre teachers, directors, coaches or mentors that discuss creative abilities, training and potential
- a short description, up to 200 words, on why you are interested in attending a liberal arts programs in theatre
Send materials by Nov. 15 (Early Decision I candidates) or Jan. 15 (Regular Decision and Early Decision II candidates); using SlideRoom.
What to Expect at the On-Campus Competition
- Theatre performance - performance of two contrasting monologues (no cuts necessary for time constraints), and you may be asked to sing up to 32 bars of a musical theatre selection
- Theatre performance - participation in movement, voice and improvisation workshops
- Design and technology - presentation of original artwork (drawings, paintings, technical drawings) and production work (via slides or photographs); interview with faculty member
Families are invited to a Q&A session and luncheon with department students and faculty.