If you believe that a student would benefit from talking with a counselor, there are a number of things that you can do to make a referral:
- Remind the student that our services are free to Bucknell students.
- Suggest that the student take a look at the Counseling & Student Development Center web page.
- Remind the student that conversations with counselors are confidential.
- Offer to make the call with the student to set up an appointment.
- Remind the student that about 40% of the student's class will have contact with our office by the time they graduate.
- Offer to walk in with the student at the time of his or her first appointment.
- If you yourself have ever benefited from talking with a counselor, and you are comfortable with this sort of self-disclosure, share your experience with the student.
- It may also be helpful to remind the student that in an after-hours emergency he or she can reach the on-call counselor by dialing 570.577.1604 (x71604).
If you believe that the situation is urgent, you may want to . . .
- Suggest that the student accompany you to our office — no appointment is necessary in an emergency.
- Follow up with the student and ask about his or her visit to our office.
- Call our office to consult with one of our counselors.