Application & Secondary School Transcripts
- Apply using the Common Application (commonapp.org) by November 15 for Early Decision I and January 15 for Early Decision II and Regular Decision
- Common Application personal essay must be submitted electronically through the Common Application website
- Pay the non-refundable $40 application fee or request a fee waiver through the Common Application site
- Official secondary school transcript in certified English translations, if applicable.
Please note: at least three years of grades must be submitted for an application to be reviewed, which may include academic results from both middle school and high school. If you have already graduated, please submit grades from the last three years of secondary school.
- Mid-year Report and/or copy of your updated transcript, if applicable.
Please note: if you have already graduated or if your secondary school does not provide mid-year grades, you do not need to submit a Mid-Year Report
- Common Application secondary school report with one school counselor recommendation in English; if you don’t have a school counselor, we would prefer a recommendation from the principal or head of school
- Common Application teacher evaluation form in English
- Early Decision Agreement form, including all required signatures (for early decision applicants only)
- Copy of biographical photo page of passport. You may submit a copy of your national identification card if you do not yet hold a passport.
- Official SAT or ACT test scores are required. Please instruct the testing agency to report your scores to Bucknell. Emailed, faxed and unofficial copies of your SAT or ACT scores will not be considered. Bucknell will accept current and redesigned SAT scores for admissions consideration. Applicants may submit scores from either test. Learn more about Bucknell and the new SAT.
– SAT code: 2050
– ACT code: 3528
- Applicants for whom English is not the first language or whose primary language of instruction for at least three years of secondary school was not English are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. This requirement can be waived by permission; please ask your school counselor or school official to send a written waiver request to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
– Minimum TOEFL score is 100 on the internet-based exam (iBT) and 600 on the paper-based exam
– Minimum IELTS score is 7
- Entrance exam results should be submitted by our application deadlines. Please note that it takes 2-4 weeks for official test scores to be received from the testing agency.
Finances & Financial Aid
All financial documents must be received for an application to be reviewed. All finance and financial aid documents for non-U.S. citizens should be submitted to the Office of Admissions (not the Office of Financial Aid) by November 15 for Early Decision I and January 15 for Early Decision II and Regular Decision. All international applicants must submit either the CSF or the ISFAA.
Confidential Statement of Finances (CSF)
If you are not applying for financial aid, you must submit the CSF along with certified original bank statements (showing U.S. dollar amount). Please understand that due to limited funding, students who do not receive financial aid during their first year will not be offered aid in subsequent years.
International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA)
If you are applying for financial aid, you must submit the ISFAA along with documentation to verify parental income information, including a certified original bank statement (showing U.S. dollar amount). NOTE: If you are a Canadian citizen applying for financial aid, you must also submit the CSS PROFILE along with the ISFAA.
Already applied? Review your address information.
Please ensure that your mailing address is current and verified for prompt delivery of documents. Log on to your private web page to review and update your address. You should have received an email with a custom link, username and PIN to create a password for this page. Can't find your username or password? Visit bucknell.edu/AppCheck for instructions.